The Rutgers Research Portal, hosted by the Office of Research and Economic Development, offers a wide array of links and best practices in proposal development, including:
- proposal writing overview,
- tips for proposal writers in STEM fields, and
- helpful hints for social science and humanities proposal writers.
Broader Impacts Wizard
Developed originally by the Centers for Ocean Sciences Education Excellence at Rutgers through an NSF grant, the Broader Impacts Wizard is an interactive tool that guides researchers through developing a broader impacts statement for NSF proposals.
Proposal Submission Support
ORED's Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) is the central unit that handles all submissions and award processing for Rutgers researchers. View this spreadsheet to locate the ORSP grant specialist assigned to your unit or department.
Your ORSP grant specialist can inform you about:
- how to use the Research Administration and Proposal Submission System (RAPSS), the system of record for all Rutgers submissions and awards,
- developing a grant budget,
- the administrative review and submission process, including relevant internal deadlines, and
- establishing and managing an award, and closing out an award.
Learn more on the ORSP Frequently Asked Questions page.
Not sure who to contact? Our team is happy to connect you with the right person across Rutgers who can better assist you. Just let us know via email.